Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
Daniel Kühl has been a practicing attorney since 2014 and specializes in advising on data protection issues. He is certified by the Gesellschaft für Datenschutz und Datensicherheit e.V. as a data protection officer and works as an external data protection officer.
With his work, he supports companies in realigning their data protection concepts with the requirements of the DSGVO. He shows corporate practice how data protection conformity can be established to the requirements of the DSGVO. Special attention is paid to the organizational structure of data protection; documentation requirements in the company; company guidelines; technical and organizational data security; rights of the data subject; cooperation with other companies; employee data protection; customer data protection. Furthermore, he conducts official and administrative court proceedings for his clients.
Another focus of his work is advising on and conducting data protection impact assessments pursuant to Art. 35 DSGVO.
As co-author, he participated in the creation of new standards contract clauses for data processing processor to processor (can be viewed here https://scope-europe.eu/en/projects/standard-data-protection-clauses/).
He advises startups and founders on the choice of the appropriate legal form. In particular by providing decision support for the choice of legal form in a specific case (e.g. with regard to the questions whether sole proprietor, company or foundation, whether trade or free profession, whether non-profit purpose or not. How the foundation, constitution and operation proceed, how legal entities, liability and creditor protection function and what rights and obligations the participants have and how changes and termination of the respective legal form look like).
If necessary, special attention can also be paid to the legal form with regard to financing with venture capital. Here, the focus is on questions such as the participation of the investor; what control, participation or co-creation should be provided for; questions regarding protection against dilution, retention, motivation of management and employees, exit and warranties.
Another field of activity is contract drafting and interpretation, in particular GTCs and contracts related to IT (inter alia: Copyright protection of computer software; general contract law issues; software transfer over the Internet; open source software; cloud computing; typical software defects; distance selling law; liability clause and license metrics).
He has international experience in Latin America and is fluent in English and Spanish.
- He has been a member of Paxaru since 2017.
- Trained in the areas of data protection law - focus on employee and customer data protection as well as implementation of data protection in practice at Gesellschaft für Datenschutz und Datensicherheit e. V.;
- Trained in technical-organizational data protection with a focus on the basics of information technology and operational information systems and implementation of technical-organizational measures in data protection at the Society for Data Protection and Data Security e. V.
- Three years of experience as a research assistant at the Church Law Institute of the EKD in Göttingen (one year of which as a student assistant); research in the area of the constitutional foundations of data protection;
- Worked for a member church of the EKD in the area of data protection, in particular advising on data protection law in the distribution of daycare places between municipalities and church institutions in accordance with the KiTaG.
- Collaboration with Prof. Dr. Friederike Wapler for an expert opinion on legal questions of home education in the GDR on behalf of the Federal Ministry of the Interior (https://www.fonds-heimerziehung.de/fileadmin/de.fonds-heimerziehung/content.de/dokumente/Expertisen_web.pdf).
- Three years of experience as a lawyer in a medium-sized law firm in Hanover. Here, especially active in extrajudicial consulting on product design in compliance with data protection laws.
- Experience in the judicial and extrajudicial enforcement of claims of a large Hanoverian general contractor.
- Studies in Göttingen and Hannover.
- International experience especially in South America.
- 2019 Mitarbeit an einem Entwurf von Standardvertragsklauseln gem. Art. 28 Abs. 6 DSGVO zur Vorlage bei der Europäischen Kommission abrufbar: https://scope-europe.eu/en/projects/standard-data-protection-clauses/ .
- 2019 Artikel „Datenschutz“ in: 100 Begriffe aus dem evangelischen Kirchenrecht; Hrsg. v. Hans Michael Heinig u. Jens Reisgies.
- 2015 „Artikel Gebühren & Rundfunkräte“ in: 100 Begriffe aus dem Staatskirchenrecht; 2. Aufl.; Hrsg. v. Hans Michael Heinig und Hendrik Munsonius.
- 2012 „Besprechung der Dissertation ’Das Staatskirchenrecht in der wissenschaftlichen Diskussion der Weimarer Zeit’“ in: ZevKR 57 (2012), S.338.
- English: very good in writing and very good in speech
- Spanish: good in writing and very good in speech